Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Drama, colour, it's all happening!!

Yay! It finally arrived. My order that is. But anyway, I have a few goodies to show you some from the current Brochure 8 and some are demos which will be released shortly in Brochures 9 and 10.

Super Drama Mascara

This Mascara claims to add volume and length instantly without clumping. Unique brush and formula make every lash fuller, longer and more dramatic! In my opinion it does just that and I am loving it. This mascara perfectly defines my lashes making them look full and long and alluring. When applying it, I start at the base of my lashes and gently wiggle the brush up from the base of my lash to the tip. To get the effect I like, I let it dry slightly then apply another layer. I have found you can go over it a few times before it starts to build up and get clumpy which is great.

What does irk me a little is that in the Avon advertising for the product the "model is styled with lash inserts", in other words, she's wearing false eyelashes, and she probably doesn't need to be. This mascara really does lift, lengthen and volumise your lashes and while falsies can create a dramatic look, this mascara does a damn good job on it's own.

 
 

Precision Glimmer Powder Eyeshadow

Dazzling, crease proof, high-pigment metallic eye colours with powder soft shimmer. Wear alone or combine for shimmering effects. These little beauties were released in Brochure 8 and come in 3 colours Dune, Turquoise and Classic Mocha. Dune is a shimmery Gold powder, Turquoise, as the name suggests is shimmery Blue/Green and Classic Mocha is shimmery medium Brown. They come in a compact little pot that is similar in shape to a liquid liner and have a small spongy tip on the end of the applicator.
 
I tried all 3 of these colours out this afternoon and whilst I was a bit sceptical of their
"high-pigment" prior to purchasing, simply because Avon eyeshadows are not usually highly pigmented. These ones are, and I love that in an eyeshadow. Usually when you apply an eyeshadow it goes on light and you can build up the colour. I found with these shadows they went on quite dark and I had to use a make-up brush to blend the colour out and onto my eyelids. Something like the dual ended eyeshadow brush in the current Avon brochures should do the trick. In the third picture below, you can see the colours on my skin, one line of colour is a straight application and the second line next to it is the product rubbed into my skin a little, demonstrating how well they blend.


The downside, unfortunately there is one, is that they are messy. Once on, they stick well and give you the crease-proof cover they promise but you do get a lot of fall-out in the application process and given the feather light powdery consistency of the shadow it was hard to regulate how much product I got on the applicator. As a result, I ended up with faint, glittery powder all over my cheeks.

All in all, I love these colours and will definitely be making good use of all 3 of these eyeshadows.

 L-R - Dune, Golden Turquoise, Classic Mocha
 
 
 
 

Simply Pretty Transforming Liquid Eyeliner

I grabbed this product as a President's Club Demo so it's not in the brochures just yet, but will be out in the next month or so. It is an innovative clear gel which claims to instantly turn any eyeshadow into a long-lasting liner.
 
I have to confess, I'm terrible at applying liquid eye liners so tend not to use them, however the attraction of turning any eyeshadow into an eye liner got the better of my curiosity. I'm not entirely sold on this product yet, so will report back when I have had more of a chance to play with it, but I found that I wasn't getting much product on the tip of the applicator and so when I would dip it and swipe it through my chosen eyeshadow, the consistency of both the colour and the line thickness I got would get would vary and didn't appear to apply evenly. You can sort of see what I mean in the second picture below. In saying that, someone more skilled in the use of liquid liners may have much more luck than I did. I am nothing if not persistent and am going to give this another go with a few different eyeshadows. The shadows I tried where quite hard, so maybe a softer powder shadow or even a loose powder shadow will have a different effect. I would love to hear any feedback people have once they have tried it themselves.
 

 
 

Totally Kissable Lipstick

The Totally Kissable Lipsticks are due for release in Brochure 10 and are a full-coverage conditioning colour with fruit enzymes and a blend of natural oils that claim to make lips visibly fuller, softer and smoother. These will be available at a special introductory price of just $9.99 in Brochure 10, so definitely grab yourself one (or more) at this hot price.
 
There is ten colours ranging from nudes to dark browns so their is bound to be a colour to suit most people. I have posted a colour swatch below so you can see the colours for yourself.
 
I always apply Avon's Anew Clinical Derma-Full Lip Volumiser before applying lippy and also some of the Lip Plumping Conditioner so this combination always makes my lips appear line free and fuller but I tried some of these lipsticks tonight and they did glide on very easily and made my lips feel very soft. Going forward, I plan on wearing one of these to work tomorrow so I can test it's staying power and will report back my findings in the next few days. 
 
 
 
Well that's me over and out for tonight, but come back soon, because I have a few more products to show you, including some sweet treats for your feet, bubble baths and perfumes.
 
Sleep tight.
 
Jodi x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment