Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Beauty-full Life

Hi everyone. Thank you for calling past to check out my Blog and more importantly, my very first blog post. Despite my existing online presence through Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, it is an understatement to say I am more than a little intimidated by the thought of blogging. Why? Well, what do I write? who is my audience? and to what extent are people going to be judging me? These are the questions I need to think about further and overcome.

But, I digress. My first Blog, titled A Beauty-full Life, is aptly chosen because my life is beautiful. I have a loving partner and am mother to a beautiful little girl. I work full-time as a Public Servant and my Avon business is my side project. I have started this blog to predominantly share with you all things Avon and how it fits into my Beauty-full Life.

My story

I started selling Avon around 2 years ago. My Avon representative, affectionately known as 'the Avon Lady', quit. I had been using Avon on and off since I was about 16 years old and I'd lost count how many times this had happened to me. So this time, I decided I would be the Avon Lady, and I wasn't going anywhere!! I have always had a business savvy side, or so I've been told, and I have to admit I saw more than just the opportunity to buy for myself. It turns out, with the departure of our beloved Avon lady, I wasn't the only one left high and dry. I scored myself at least 5 existing customers to help get me kick started, and that was just on my floor at work. And so it began...

I started to build my customer base by sharing my brochures with my family and friends, left brochures in the kitchen at work, as well as the kitchens on the floors above and below me. I created myself a Facebook page A Beauty-full Life and started sharing my eBrochure on it, marketing the page through my own personal Facebook profile and also other pages I deemed relevant, such as pages targeted towards mums, business marketing and shout out pages.

Fast forward one year, my Avon sales were still plodding along, I was pregnant and started to think about whether it would be possible to leverage off my Avon business to make some extra cash while on Maternity Leave. Once bubba was born, I spoke to my local District Manager and took on what Avon refers to as a Territory (a group of streets, around 100 houses, which for the most part were exclusively mine to drop brochures to), in the end, I took on 3 territories, and again, with repeated brochure drops I started to gain more customers. Rather than sit home, I would put baby in the pram, load up the undercarriage with Avon brochures and go walking around my territories doing brochure drops. I got much needed exercise and fresh air and bubs did too. It was a win/win situation.

So anyway, I won't lie, nothing in life is free, and you only get out of Avon what you put in, but with a bit of effort in the early days to build up your customer base, it is a great financial and social outlet, not to mention you can score up to 35% off your favourite Avon products and who wouldn't want that!

Thanks for reading and check back soon for some great new product reviews and make-up looks. I have lots in mind to share with you.

Jodi x


No comments:

Post a Comment